If you think someone you know might have a hearing loss, take a look at this list of common signs. Do any of the following sound familiar?
- They appear to hear people talk but have difficulty understanding some of the words
- They’re constantly asking people to repeat themselves
- They have a hard time understanding women and children’s voices
- They have a hard time understanding in a crowd
- It’s hard for them to understand on the phone
- They favor one ear over the other
- They complain of a ringing sensation in one or both ears
- They often appear uncomfortable in social occasions they used to enjoy
- They seem withdrawn, depressed or irritable
- Other friends or family members have noticed their difficulty hearing
While a few “yes” answers don’t automatically indicate a hearing loss, it does suggest the need for further evaluation.
Call the office nearest you to schedule a complete audiological examination.