PARTIAL REOPEN - JUNE 15, 2020
June 4, 2020
We will be open June 15 at select locations for essential and non-essential services by appointment only.
Following current guidelines set by provincial and federal health agencies, we will be reopening select clinics for scheduled appointments. Walk in service is not available. Available appointment hours vary by location, please find details below.
During this challenging time, it is our top priority to balance the need for our important hearing services with the health and safety of our clients, clinic staff and overall community. As we begin to take appointments at our clinics again, keeping our clients and staff safe will continue to be at the forefront of our clinic experience. We have implemented further clinic protocols, including heightened hygiene and sanitary practices, to ensure the safety of our clients and staff.
April 2, 2020
Essential services available at select locations by appointment only. No walk-ins.
Our available appointment hours are 9:00 am to 1:00pm. The clinics that remain open have been selected to balance the health and well-being of our clinic teams while continuing to provide the hearing care and support our clients need as best we can.
I have an emergency, can I book an appointment?
Essential appointments only:
- Emergency repairs or assistance on hearing devices for those reliant on them for communication
- Hearing assessments prior to immediate ENT surgery
Non-emergency appointments will be rescheduled.
Do not walk-in, emergency services are available by appointment only.
I need batteries, what do I do?
Health and safety in our clinics.
We want to assure you that, as a health care provider, we have an elevated level of hygiene and sanitization practices in our clinics and we are also taking further precautions to keep our clients and staff safe.
- We have increased our already elevated sanitization practices in clinics
- We are limiting the amount of people in clinics at a time
- Clinic doors will be locked when possible to limit walk in traffic as a social distancing precaution
- Clinic practices have been adapted to enable social distancing
- Team members who are unwell or have flu-like symptoms are in 14-day self isolation
Please use these best practices if you are in one of our clinics for an emergency appointment:
- Use other methods of greeting than handshakes
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your face
- Cough/sneeze into your elbow instead of your hands
- Follow the advice of public health authorities on social distancing
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell or have flu-like symptoms, except to get medical care
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are regularly touched
Clients who have traveled recently.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
We understand the increased concerns of the COVID-19 virus, and we want to let you know that the well being and safety of our clients and employees is our top priority. We continue to follow all provincial and federal health agency directions and adjust our operations accordingly.
Please check our website regularly for the most current information and clinic availability.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding an upcoming appointment, please contact us.